The Pulp Factory is now open for nominations. To nominate, you have to be a member of The Pulp Factory Facebook Group so join HERE today!
A list of my projects that are available to be nominated are...
BEST PULP NOVEL:
- Suicide Bomb by Bobby Nash (BEN Books)
- Nightveil: Crisis at the Crossroads of Infinity by Bobby Nash (Pro Se Productions)
BEST PULP COVER:
- Dennis Calero (SNOW Series 1, Vol. 1 - BEN Books)
- Adam Shaw (The Wraith Vol. 1 - Airship 27 Productions)
- Adam Shaw (Yours Truly, Johnny Dollar - Moonstone Books)
- Douglas Klauba (Yours Truly, Johnny Dollar - Moonstone Books)
- Bill Black (Nightveil: Crisis at the Crossroads of Infinity - Pro Se Productions)
BEST PULP SHORT STORY:
- 'Snow Flies' by Bobby Nash (Paul Bishop Presents... Disorderly Conduct - Wolfpack Publishing)
- 'Lance Star: Sky Ranger and the Mystery of Island X' by Bobby Nash (Pulp Adventures #32 - Bold Venture Press)
- 'The Girl's Best Friend Matter' by Bobby Nash (Yours Truly, Johnny Dollar - Moonstone Books)
BEST PULP INTERIOR ILLUSTRATIONS:
- Chris Nye (The Wraith Vol. 1 - Airship 27 Productions),
BEST PULP ANTHOLOGY:
- SNOW Series 1, Vol. 1 (BEN Books)
- The Wraith Vol. 1 (Airship 27 Productions)
- Yours Truly, Johnny Dollar (Moonstone Books)
If you have checked out any of theses titles, please consider a nomination.
Here's the official press release.
Here's the official press release.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
NOMINATIONS FOR PULP FACTORY AWARDS NOW OPEN UNTIL 2/24; AWARDS TO BE GIVEN OUT AT WINDY CITY PULP AND PAPER CON IN CHICAGO ON APRIL 17
Lombard, Illinois – January 27, 2019
Every year in April, fans gather at the Westin Hotel near Yorktown Mall in metro Chicago to celebrate the best in classic and New Pulp literature. As part of those celebrations, nominations for the Pulp Factory Awards are open. The 2020 PFAs will cover works published during the calendar year 2019.
The nomination process will be as follows:
- Members of the Pulp Factory Facebook group have through Monday, February 24 to submit their initial nominations for the Pulp Factory Awards. Any work published in print in 2019 can be considered for nomination. (Digital-only books are excluded.) Reprints are not eligible for individual awards such as Best Short Story but may be included in collections if those collections feature stories published for the first time in 2019.
- Nominations (by members of the Pulp Factory only) should be e-mailed directly to PulpAwards@gmail.com, with choices in any or all of the following categories. (You may nominate as many works in each category as you wish.)
- BEST PULP NOVEL
- BEST PULP COVER
- BEST PULP SHORT STORY
- BEST PULP INTERIOR ILLUSTRATIONS
- BEST PULP ANTHOLOGY
- The Best Pulp Anthology category covers any anthology or collection featuring multiple stories by a single author (a collection) or stories by a variety of authors (a normal anthology). The book must have been printed in 2019 and must have contained at least one new story. In the case of a new story plus reprints, the book is eligible for Best Pulp Anthology but only the new story is eligible for the Best Pulp Short Story category.
- Members are encouraged to discuss their choices on the Pulp Factory FB group but note that your nominations must be e-mailed directly to PulpAwards@gmail.com to be included.
- After February 24, the committee will tally and craft a final ballot for voting (deadline to be scheduled), and that ballot will be submitted for fans to vote electronically for the awards. Awards will be handed out to winners during the Windy City Pulp and Paper Convention on Friday, April 17, 2020
Questions and nominations should be directed to PulpAwards@gmail.com. This will ensure a more prompt response than reaching out to individual committee members.
Thank you for your interest, and looking forward to your nominations!